Saturday, March 19, 2016

Daily Gratitude- in pictures





A single crocus blossom ought to be enough to convince our heart that springtime, no matter how predictable, is somehow a gift, gratuitous, gratis, a grace. -David Steindl-Rast



As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world. ~Terri Guillemets





The daffodils too have begun to bloom.  Every year i get a picture of snow on my daffodils, it's always the last snow of the season. So now with my daffodils in full bloom, i know we will have one last snow.  It's our final goodbye to the winter, and when the snow melts spring will officially be here in all her glory. 


Spotted my first butterfly of the season. This is a Mourning Cloak,  Nymphalis antiopa. This one danced around my yard, eventually sitting still just long enough for me to snap a picture.  In just the last day i've also spotted a Spring Azure and a Comma butterfly, but couldn't get pictures.  

First signs of spring always fill me with hope.  After what feels like a long winter, i am always grateful when the spring flowers begin to bloom.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment